High Street Computers Terms and Conditions
We hope that our terms and conditions will provide clarity on your legal rights and our obligations toward you.
While we believe these terms and conditions are a fair summary of your rights and our obligations it is important to note than in no way do they limit or affect any of your statutory rights.
- All warranty repairs will enjoy the highest priority
- Refer to your product documentation for Terms and Conditions of the manufacturers warranty
- During the warranty period High Street Computers will gladly coordinate warranty claims on your behalf for equipment bought from us at no charge however you may find it simpler to deal directly with the manufacturer. Where your product carries an onsite warranty you will need to liaise directly with the manufacturer
- During a warranty repair your product may be returned to its factory state and in this case all data and programs will be completely erased. High Street Computers can backup your data before a warranty repair and can also assist in reinstalling and setting up your software, email, peripherals etc. after a repair *
- Your warranty specifically excludes any software products, including the operating system and all software applications and High Street Computers cannot be held responsible for problems caused by software. We can however assist with support on software *
- All returns must be accompanied by your original invoice or proof of purchase and products must be returned in the original packaging and in a saleable condition. Where a product was purchased against a specific account name we should be able to trace the invoice on our system.
- Software cannot be returned once the seal has been broken or if it has been installed
- We offer a refund or replacement if your product fails within 14 days of purchase. After 14 days a failed produce will be repaired or replaced at our preference. High Street Computers will happily replace faulty hardware or refund your purchase within 14 days of purchase. Labour and customisation associated with failed hardware is unfortunately not refundable.
- Proof of failure is your obligation however if required we can assist with fault finding *
Workshop Job Quote Terms
- It is important that all your data is fully backed up as High Street Computers will not assume responsibility for any data lost while your equipment is in our care. If your data is important speak to our sales staff who will advise you on a suitable data backup service
- All quotes are an estimate and are given in good faith after considering the described fault and could change once the fault is assessed by our technicians. We will always contact you before proceeding with any work where revised charges will apply
- An inspection fee of £36.00 including VAT will be charged on all quotes. This fee will be waived where you give a go ahead on any work
- High Street Computers offer a 3 month warranty for all hardware repairs. Unfortunately we do not offer a warranty on any software repairs
- You acknowledge that it is your obligation to collect your equipment from High Street Computers within 10 working days of being advised that equipment is ready for collection and accept that you will be charged for a storage, delivery or disposal fee as applicable if your equipment is not collected with 10 working days. High Street Computers offers a convenient collection and delivery service for only £10.00 including VAT.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- When like for like replacement equipment is purchased from High Street Computers we can dispose of your old product free of charge via the WEEE scheme.
- High Street Computers also offer a certified data wipe service to protect your personal data *
*Please check for pricing of these services with sales staff.
For a detailed overview of your rights refer to www.highstreetcomputer.com